Skip to main content

Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of the Unborn

Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of the Unborn: January 22nd 


Never Forsaken—Always Wanted

I knew you in your mother’s womb,
Before the world knew you
Your heart was beating, I smiled
Each little hair upon your head I counted 
Each tiny finger and each toe
Oh, the life you would have!
Who you would grow to be
Your thoughts, your words,
Your soul...
If only they loved and wanted you as much as me
Such a gift you are and will always be
Before the world knew you 
I knew you 
And I always will
You were always wanted, child
I have always wanted you 
As we gaze from Heaven, sadly upon the world, 
I press you to my Sacred Heart and whisper, 
Whisper how much I love you
How the world, in its brokenness, said they didn’t want you, didn’t see you as a gift, didn’t see the love you are,
I whisper 
You are my child, I always loved you, always wanted you and always will 
You smile 
I press you to my heart and bring you home 
I’ve always cherished you 

Today, on the anniversary of the Supreme Court’s legalization of abortion in Roe vs. Wade, we pray for the legal protection of the unborn, and we remember all the lives of the innocent that have been taken. Today, pray together as a family for: the legal protection of the unborn, healing for those who have underwent and carried out abortions, healing for families hurt by abortion, and the conversion of hearts of politicians and all people to see all life, especially the most vulnerable, as sacred from conception to natural death. Pray. Prayer is so powerful. Jesus said the faith of a mustard seed can move mountains. Pray. Pray before the Lord, present in the Blessed Sacrament. Pray at 3:00 pm, seeking Divine Mercy. Knock and the door shall be opened. Pray, because “Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.” St. Augustine 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make a Rosary Garden—Planting Flowers and the Seeds of Prayer

Make a Rosary Garden—Planting Flowers and the Seeds of Prayer:  On the lawn outside of my family's parish, there is a stepping-stone Marian-Rosary garden. Often, after attending daily Mass, on warm or non rainy days, my children love to run around the rosary stones, encircling the statue of Mary, and sit upon the garden's benches. The days when they would run around, only able to exclaim the words, "Hail, Mary! Hail, Mary! Hail Mary!" for each stone, are precious treasured memories I hold within my heart. When we entered the pandemic shutdown, in the spring of 2020, I didn't realize just how much I missed the rosary garden tradition my children and I had after Mass. When my husband and I scheduled confession with our pastor, twelve days into the shutdown, we took turns waiting with our children and letting them play and pray in the rosary garden, while we participated in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. I'd always desired to make a Mary/Rosary garden in our ba...

Invite Your Parish Priest Over for Dinner:

Invite Your Parish Priest Over for Dinner: Four months after moving into our new house, my husband and I decided to invite our parish priest over for dinner and to bless our new home. We still had piles of unpacked boxes, our toddlers were bouncing off the walls with excitement, and my husband and I were a little nervous. Was our home clean enough? Would we be able to engage in good conversations with our guest? When the doorbell rang, our children raced to the door, and began bouncing around, welcoming Father inside. During dinner, we found that the conversations flowed easily. We shared stories about where we grew up, our families, and various other details as we got to know one another outside of church. We laughed as our daughter spilled the beans that my husband and I were expecting our third child, and when we shared our due date, our priest began enthusiastically sharing all sorts of common, as well as some crazy sounding, saint names for days on and near our due date.  Afte...

Saint Elizabeth of Hungary

Saint Elizabeth of Hungary Feast Day: Nov. 17th  Saint Elizabeth of Hungary has always held a special place in my heart since she is my confirmation saint. If I'm being honest, when I was reading about saints back in the eighth grade, trying to choose which saint I wanted to take as my patron, my requirements were as follows: (1) She couldn't die a horrible death, (2) She was married with kids, (3) and her life was pretty good allowing her to serve God and others through the blessings she'd been given. In hindsight, my list of "requirements" was probably a little superficial, but now as an adult I focus more on the virtues and saintly qualities of Saint Elizabeth, and find inspiration in how she lived. She was humble, a kind and loving wife and mother, and very generous to the poor. She also made plenty of time to pray and grow in her relationship with the Lord. On her wedding day, Saint Elizabeth of Hungary, who was a princess, did not wear a crown. Instead she s...